- Immigration - I believe in immigration as an important part of American vibrancy. I do also believe that America is severely weakening itself by allowing huge numbers of illegal immigrants to stream into the country unchecked because this influx saps America's sovereignty over her citizens, becomes a huge burden & a drain on our limited resources for our legal citizens and because the illegal immigrant pathways can also serve terrorists to come here to kill Americans.
- The Supreme Court - I believe that the role of the Supreme Court is to examine state and federal laws, and lower court decisions to determine whether such laws conforms with the written US Constitution. The Supreme Court should examine only whether federal matters conflict with the written US Constitution, and to interfere with states only if the states enact laws that conflict with the US constitution or overlap with federal matters. They are not to legislate from the bench or write new laws (that's congress's job) and they should not use foreign law in their rulings. NO SHARIA LAW IN THE US.
- Abortion - I am 100% pro-Life, it is my belief that Roe v. Wade was a badly decided opinion that was made without any Constitutional authorization & represented a federal power grab of something that should to be a states' rights issue. In my view Roe v. Wade should be overturned, so that the question of abortion can be returned to the states, where it rightly belongs. With that being said, in my views I do 100% believe that abortion is murder & needs to stop now. I fully support the promotion of abstinence education programs and adoption as alternatives to abortion.
- Healthcare - I believe that healthcare should be best left up to the individual, their family, their religious beliefs, their doctor/s, their insurance companies (and sometimes the states if need be). After all who knows what is best for the person other than the person & their doctor/s. Government has no business in people's personal healthcare & should not force people, doctors, hospitals, religious institutions & companies to pay for such things as healthcare mandates or do things that go against their set beliefs. Here is a link to a list of "Hazards of the Individual Health Care Mandate" & "the pros & cons of Government Provided Healthcare" (way more cons than pros = bad idea) http://www.cato.org/pubs/policy_report/v29n5/cpr29n5-1.html & http://www.balancedpolitics.org/universal_health_care.htm
- Capital Punishment - Since I am 100% pro-Life I am also against capital punishment/executions of even the most vile of prisoners. I do believe in rehabilitation & people working hard labor (no easy livin') to repay their debt to society, after all bridges need building and ditches need digging. I fully support successful rehabilitation programs (including the faith based ones) as alternatives to executions.
- War - I fully support our military & a strong national defense. Although I am strongly against war, I do understand it is a necessary evil that must be done from time to time in order to preserve our freedoms, protect & defend the US from its enemies. However if the US does choose to go to war then our only responsibility then is to fight wholeheartedly and to win - otherwise don't bother. Regardless of whatever the reasons to go to war are, I fully support all our US troops & their families.
- Islamic Terrorism - I strongly believe (a) Islamic terrorism is real, (b) it is the product of a totalitarian religious ideology that has as its ultimate goal the destruction of non-Muslim Western culture, (c) there is no middle ground given its goal, and (d) we must fight it everywhere we can. NO SHARIA LAW IN THE US.
- Taxes - I strongly know from history & economics that TAX CUTS WORK! It is my belief that government is a very bad money manager & government cannot spend its way out of debt. People & private industry themselves make money grow and lower taxes allow for a livelier, growing economy & increase jobs. The inevitable result of trusting people with their own money is that the government, despite lower taxes, sees increased revenue as well (which is nicely balanced out by lower costs).
- Religion - I am a Born Again Baptist Christian & I wholeheartedly believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired perfect "word of God". I am a rock to my faith for Jesus is my rock. With that being said, I do believe in the "Freedom of Religion" as granted in the 1st amendment in the US constitution & not the crazy idea of "freedom from religion" extreme progressives want. I believe (a) Religion is a good thing; (b) It's okay if people's religious values do help shape their political & moral beliefs; (c) It's okay to acknowledge America's predominant Christian foundation (We are a Christian nation) by nodding to Christmas and Easter, as long as no one is forced or threatened (like at gun point) to observe those holidays or discriminated against for not observing those holidays; (d) People should be free to worship without government interference in their beliefs; (e) Neither government nor business should be forced to change their practices to accommodate or adopt one belief system (and/or non-belief system) over any others that they don't personally choose to do so themselves. (f) People do have the legal right to pray in the public square as granted in the US constitution & neither government nor business should interfere with their beliefs.
10.Marriage - Since the subject of so called "Gay marriage" is becoming a hot button topic & largely a state issue (as it should remain), I personally define marriage as the legal union of one man & one woman. Aside from being a Born Again Christian, supporting what the Bible says about marriage, here is a very good explanation of "why marriage is best between one man & one woman" - http://www.findingtruthmatters.org/articles/same-sex-marriage/ I fully support & stand behind the "Defense of Marriage Act". With all this being said however, I would support gays & even help them in regards to property rights, financial issues, some medical issues, even so far as child raising. But to me, marriage will always be between one man & one woman.
11.Government - My belief is in the Thoreau's dictum that "That government is best which governs least." Much as I am proud of my country, America, I trust the American people to take care of themselves far more than any government can. To me, government is an artifice that can only legitimately govern with the consent of the governed. Sometimes I feel that there is too much government & red tape in many areas that we need less government, not more government. I also believe that individuals are way smarter with respect to their own self-interest than the collective wisdom of government. Also I know government is not the solution to all our problems in the US, sometimes government is the problem.
12.School Choice - I believe that parents should always have the final say in a child's education and that the government stays out of it. While the vast majority of public schools are failing children, I do support school competition (helps bring out the best), home schooling (for deeply devoted parents) and school vouchers for private education as well.
13.Gun Rights - I believe that the only way a people can remain free is to have their Second Amendment right to carry arms. I point to Nazi Germany & the death camps as an example of what can happen when a government with totalitarian tendencies successfully denies its people the right to carry arms. I also believe that, when guns are outlawed, only outlaws/criminals will have guns leaving ordinary people to suffer.
14.Multiculturalism - My idea & belief of multiculturalism is still the old "Melting Pot" idea: people who want to come here to the US should adopt into our basic systems of values and US history, obey our laws, defend the US constitution, learn to speak/read/write English (the national language), and enrich our culture with their backgrounds & cultures while merging with the US as a whole.
15.Climate Change - I do believe that climate change is naturally occurring & does happen is cycles, but I do not believe that the debate is settled as to the anthropocentric idea that it is entirely only Man's fault. I do believe that others (like Al Gore, bought & paid for climate scientist, etc.) lied & manipulated data to suit their own financial gain & make themselves richer in the process. I do like the idea of alternative energy sources (but not at the expense of the loss of millions of jobs & the ruin of industries to satisfy personal & political ideology), since I not only enjoy clean air and water, but would also like to see fewer Petrodollars flow to tyrannically governed nations & nations that hate us.
16.AMERICA - While America has flaws, I am proud of my county, since I believe that the American system and American values are the best human systems of governance & freedoms yet created and I have not found one better anywhere in the world.....